More Information on VIDEO CONFERENCING for supervision
Supervision can be enhanced if you are able to share excerpts of your sessions. Supervisees have been able to securely share examples of their work to be discussed and understood together. Naturally, this may not be possible or appropriate in every worksite.
Record your music therapy sessions, preferably using video, with prior release from clients/settings. Upload excerpts you wish to discuss using a private account on Youtube, Dropbox, Box.com, etc. Send me the link/password and a short description of the client(s) at least a day prior to our meeting, We will find a mutually convenient time for us to view and discuss your work. Access to your instrument is a plus!
Sharing Your Video Excerpts on Youtube
1. Sign in to Youtube. This is the same as a Gmail account. So if you do not have a gmail account, you probably have to create an account.
2. Click “Upload” on the top right hand corner of the page.
3. Click “ Select Files to Upload”. A new window will open, prompting you to choose the file from your computer to upload. Just click on the desired file, and click “Open”.
4. There is a box beneath which say “Public”. That’s the privacy setting. Click on it and it will give you two other options: “Unlisted” and “Private”. Unlisted videos means that anyone with the link of the uploaded can view it and do not need a Youtube account. However, for “Private” videos, the viewers will need a youtube account to view the video. "Unlisted" is a good choice.
5. Once the files have been selected, the uploading will start and it will usually take a few minutes, depending on the size of the video.
6. There will be a link generated, and the link can be used by the viewer.
Sharing Video Excerpts on Dropbox
Dropbox is also linked to google which you can use to sign in. If you don’t have a Google account, you can also sign up separately.
1. Once you are in Dropbox, choose the “File upload” icon on the top right hand corner of the page. It is one of the little icons with the “+” sign.
2. A new window will pop up. Click on “Choose file” and a prompt will appear, letting you choose the file you wish to upload. Click “Open”.
3. The file will begin to load.
4. Once it is uploaded, click “Done” and it will appear on your homepage highlighted in blue. There will be an option “Share” .
5. Click “Share” . You can either send it as an email to me, or click “Create a link”. This will generate a link which you can send to me.